Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Not a morning person!

And so my beginnings are usually pretty meh. I'll start with a manifesto of sorts, just so I, at least, can remember what I'm here for :).

 I want to go back to work eventually. That's a good number of years away but I still need to be working toward that goal. To that end, I'm adding skills to my old set, as the old set will probably be a little out of date. The skills I'm adding are all web-based, like web site design and maintenance. First off they're easy to jump into in this day and age, and second they're pauseable, so I can go chase after my daughter or feed her or whatever in the middle of something and not lose anything. This blog is my first step in that direction, to force myself to write and keep up with something online on a regular basis (shooting for three posts a week, minimum, to start). It's also going to be a place for me to try out my burgeoning skills, so there will probably be freaky changes after a while!

As it says on the side there, I also identify as a tree, which if you play World of Warcraft you know it means I play a restoration druid. The next expansion, Cataclysm, is slated for release this year sometime, which I'm excited about. I've been a raider almost as long as I've been a player, and I've played since launch. Always as a resto druid. It's my niche :). So a lot of this will probably be talking about resto druid stuff, though I do love my death knight just as much, so she'll probably get some love :). I like to theorycraft as a hobby, which means I'm not big on math, but I like to speculate. Fortunately, the info coming out of the Cata beta leaves me with much to speculate upon :D. Like new tree form graphics! I'm not an autumn, Blizz, I'm so much more a spring :P.

Covering all the bases here, I'm also a writer. I've participated in NaNoWriMo for three or so years (maybe four? I can't remember anymore :P) and I won twice. The second novel is actually something I'd like to publish. I think it has potential. Anyway, when I got pregnant, it was like my muse left town and she hasn't gotten the memo that she can come home yet. I've got a few ideas simmering that I will hopefully have time and inclination to write (practicing writing blog posts will maybe unstick the gears in my head?) and I may decide to post them or parts of them. Might be password protected if I want to reserve the right to publish them. We'll see! Writing is one of those old working skills that's gotten rusty. I need to move those muscles!

I save the best for last. I'm a very proud mom of a four-month-old baby girl, Vivi. She's sweet, especially since she started sleeping through the night! I love that I get the opportunity to stay at home and take care of her, watch her learn and grow. I know I'm extremely lucky and I never forget that.

So that's it for the first post. Beginning, middle, end and some graphics in between. See, it's almost like I know what I'm doing :). With luck this will get easier as I learn to streamline the process. It's all about learning, really: web design, writing, WoW, babies. Each step improves on what I've done before :).

No comments:

Post a Comment